Who Are We?
- We’re a specialist engineering contractor, with a reputation for designing and delivering some of London’s most complex and innovative engineering projects
- We provide a value-based integrated approach. Focusing on quality and innovation in the delivery of major demolition, piling, civil engineering and bespoke reinforced concrete sub and superstructure solutions.
- Notable schemes include HS2, Claridge’s Hotel basement and Battersea Power station which have involved NEC, bespoke trade and JCT forms of contract
- We develop smart engineering solutions to complex problems and develop methods of working that enable fast delivery with safety and quality by design.
- We operate a risk-based approach in everything that we do; identifying and mitigating risks through our planning.
- We compliment this with our in-house supply chain, self-delivery philosophy and our support services.
- We’re a London specialist
Main Focus of the Role
As a Senior Surveyor, you will be an integral part of the McGee commercial team, reporting directly to the group’s Commercial Director
Project based, working in partnership with the Operational Leadership team, the role provides the full commercial and contract administration authority for either a single major or more complex project, or multiple projects running concurrently. We act as principal contractor for the majority of our projects and all of our activities are integrated under one profit centre and one project team. So you would have exposure to our full breadth of activities throughout a single project lifecycle. Reporting directly to the Group Commercial Director responsible for responsible for:
- Maximising profit through managing and challenging the efficiency of the integrated in house delivery model
- Ensuring contractual and commercial risks and opportunities are identified and managed
- Developing a collaborative relationship with the client so that both parties meet their objectives, enhancing McGee’s reputation at all stages of the process.
- Working closely with the Operational team to ensure the correct administration of the contract and ensuring that all responsibilities are fulfilled.
- Able to demonstrate an excellent track record and reputation, performing a similar role, leading highly profitable projects in a similar sector.
- Experience of the self delivery model
- Knowledge and experience of administering either NEC/JCT/Bespoke forms of contract
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills
- Able to provide commercially focused pragmatic solutions
- Excellent people management skills that can get the best out of individuals and teams.
- Structured and organised and can deliver performance and outcomes
- Ambitious to progress, grow and develop the role within an expanding business
Degree qualified or equivalent
Professional Membership of RICS or equivalent
We are committed to investing in our people, rewarding dedication with support and encouragement and creating exciting opportunities for progression.
If you would like to join a team of exceptional people, working on high-profile complex engineering projects in London, please contact our Recruitment Manager directly at email@example.com for more details on the role and an initial conversation in the strictest confidence.
McGee is a committed Equal Opportunities and Diversity employer