Who Are We?
- We are McGee. We’re a specialist engineering contractor, with a reputation for designing and delivering some of London’s most complex and innovative civil engineering projects, including; The Londoner Hotel, Claridge’s Hotel basement, HS2 and Battersea Power Station.
- We provide a value-based integrated approach. Focusing on quality and innovation in the delivery of major demolition, piling, civil engineering and bespoke reinforced concrete sub and superstructure solutions.
- We develop smart engineering solutions to complex problems and develop methods of working that enable fast delivery with safety and quality by design.
- We operate a risk-based approach in everything that we do; identifying and mitigating risks through our planning.
- We compliment this with our in-house supply chain, self-delivery philosophy and our support services.
- We have technical and operational specialists within each of our core disciplines as well as an in-house construction engineering team providing professional support in temporary works design, design management, digital modelling & technical compliance.
- We’re a London specialist
- We deliver all this with our outstanding people, employees who are invested in our success.
About the role:
Working within our in house construction engineering team, you will be responsible for leading and managing a team of engineers and technicians.
- Leading design conceptualisation – challenging the brief, enabling innovative development of unambiguous engineering solutions from feasibility through to detailed design information.
- Undertaking detailed analysis of retaining, bearing & frame structures
- Producing structural details in a variety of construction materials
- Assisting change and developing more efficient processes and design tools to assist the efficient delivery of engineering services
- Working with the broader project teams to understand time frames/key risks/technical constraints
Your skills and experience:
- Excellent track record of performing a similar role within a well respected consultancy or contractors in house design team.
- Proficient planning skills (design programming/IRS)
- Experience with the practical aspects of operational limitations of structures
- Knowledge of current CDM regulations & design codes essential
- Confident and clear communicator, able to engage individuals at all levels
- Structured and can deliver performance and outcomes and drive professionalism in others
- Leadership skills to manage project teams and create positive change – converting technical expertise to action
- Civil/Structural Engineering Degree
- Professional body membership (Chartered or above)
We’d love you to have, but it’s not essential:
- Proficient soil interaction analysis experience (Plaxis)
- Proficient in the use of Graitec Advanced Design software
- Proficient scaffold design experience
If you would like to join a team of exceptional people, working on high-profile complex engineering projects in London, please contact our Head of Recruitment directly at email@example.com for more details on the role and an initial conversation in the strictest confidence.
McGee is a committed Equal Opportunities and Diversity employer.
Not quite for you? Know someone who would be interested? Why not share with a friend.