Who Are We?
- We’re a specialist engineering contractor, with a reputation for designing and delivering some of London’s most complex and innovative engineering projects
- We provide a value-based integrated approach. Focusing on quality and innovation in the delivery of major demolition, piling, civil engineering and bespoke reinforced concrete sub and superstructure solutions.
- Notable schemes include HS2, Claridge’s Hotel basement and Battersea Power station which have involved NEC, bespoke trade and JCT forms of contract
- We develop smart engineering solutions to complex problems and develop methods of working that enable fast delivery with safety and quality by design.
- We operate a risk-based approach in everything that we do; identifying and mitigating risks through our planning.
- We compliment this with our in-house supply chain, self-delivery philosophy and our support services.
- We’re a London specialist
We are now looking for a Quantity Surveyor to join our rapidly expanding team.
Main Focus of the Role
As a Quantity Surveyor, you will be an integral part of the Commercial team.
Project based, either running your own project or working as part of a team on a larger or more complex scheme.
Involved throughout the project lifecycle
- Maximising profit through managing and challenging the efficiency of the integrated in house delivery model
- Ensuring contractual and commercial risks and opportunities are identified and managed
- Developing a collaborative relationship with the client so that both parties meet their objectives, enhancing McGee’s reputation at all stages of the process.
- Working closely with the Project Manager to ensure the correct administration of the contract and ensuring that all responsibilities are fulfilled.
- Able to demonstrate a good track record and reputation, performing a similar role in a related sector.
- Knowledge and experience of administering either NEC/JCT or Bespoke forms of contract
- Good interpersonal and communication skills
- Able to provide commercially focused pragmatic solutions
- Structured and organised
- Ambitious to progress, grow and develop the role within an expanding business
Degree qualified or equivalent
We are committed to investing in our people, rewarding dedication with support and encouragement and creating exciting opportunities for progression.
If you would like to join a team of exceptional people, working on high-profile complex engineering projects in London, please contact our Head of Recruitment directly at firstname.lastname@example.org for more details on the role and an initial conversation in the strictest confidence.
McGee is a committed Equal Opportunities and Diversity employer
Not quite for you? Know someone who would be interested? Why not share with a friend.