Who Are We?
- We are McGee. A specialist engineering contractor, with a reputation for designing and delivering some of London’s most complex and innovative civil engineering projects. To name just a few: Constructing Europe’s deepest habitable basement, The Londoner Hotel. Delivering the impossible at Claridge’s Hotel’s mega basement and more recently, designing out 88% of The Acre’s embodied carbon of the temporary works.
- We provide a value-based integrated approach. Focusing on quality and innovation.
- We develop smart engineering solutions to complex problems and develop methods of working that enable fast delivery with safety and quality by design.
- We operate a risk-based approach in everything that we do, identifying and mitigating risks through our planning.
- We compliment this with our in-house supply chain, self-delivery philosophy and our support services.
- We have technical and operational specialists within each of our core disciplines, including an in-house Construction Engineering team (CET), providing temporary works sequences and solution design and digital modelling.
Are you a dynamic and skilled engineer looking for an exciting opportunity to join an award-winning in-house Construction Engineering team as a Design Engineer. This is an opportunity to contribute to ground breaking projects while fostering a culture of innovation and continuous improvement.
As a Design Engineer, you will conduct detailed design and checking of temporary works, providing technical support to assist with operational activities.
Contributing to design conceptualisation – challenging the brief, enabling innovative development of unambiguous engineering solutions from feasibility through to detailed design information.
You will perform a vital role interfacing between our internal Construction Engineering Team (CET), the project delivery team (primarily the Temporary Works Coordinators (TWC), and where required, external permanent work designers /check teams. Role will include:
- Developing concept designs through working with the project team and client and manage their detailed development.
- Supporting the digital engineering team in the production of models and drawings to communicate the design intent.
- Mitigating construction risks through design and communicate residual risks to the project team.
- Supporting the preconstruction team (where appropriate) in the development of concept tender designs.
- Managing staged technical reviews of designs as part of the assurance process.
- Working with the broader project teams to understand time frames/key risks/technical constraints.
- Representing McGee’s position as a Specialist Engineering Contractor, proactively driving and developing sustainable solutions to our clients’ problems
Supporting our vision to:
- Deliver Technical Excellence
- Deliver to agreed time frames
- Ensure teams are continuously learning
- Champion sustainability and carbon reduction
- Champion Innovation
- Support the wider business aims and initiatives
We’re on the cusp of our next big leap and this is an excellent opportunity for you to make your mark…….
This role not only offers exciting design engineering challenges – it allows the opportunity to directly influence the construction process, through introducing efficient and innovative temporary works and detailed construction sequences, all fully integrated with the desired build programme.
- Excellent track record of performing a similar role within a well-respected consultancy or contractors in house design team or maybe you’re ready for a step up?
- Proficient planning skills (design programming/IRS)
- Experience with the practical aspects of operational limitations of structures
- Knowledge of current CDM regulations & design codes essential
- Confident and clear communicator, able to engage individuals at all levels
- Structured and can deliver performance and outcomes and drive professionalism in others
If you would like to join a team of exceptional people, working on high-profile complex engineering projects in London, please contact our Recruitment Manager directly at email@example.com for more details on the role and an initial conversation in the strictest confidence.
McGee is a committed Equal Opportunities and Diversity employer.