Monday February 26, 2018
McGee has been shortlisted as a finalist in the ‘Contractor of the Year’ and ‘Health & Safety’ Award categories of the 2018 Ground Engineering Awards. Alongside engineers, Arup, McGee is also shortlisted in the ‘UK Geotechnical Team of the Year’ category for their work at the exclusive Claridge’s Hotel.
Before the awards, all finalists will attend face-to-face judging by members of the 50+ strong jury, made up of clients, contractors, consultants and academics including:
- Nader Saffari, head of geotechnical engineering, London Underground
- Rachel Monteith, ground engineering discipline lead, Buro Happold UK
- John Crack, head of structural and geotechnical engineering, Canary Wharf Group
- Philip Hines, UK group managing director, Soletanche Bachy
- Sarah Stallebrass, head of the department of civil engineering, City, University of London
- Clare Brint, route asset manager (geotechnics), Network Rail
- Adrian Thomson, associate director, Mace
This year saw a record number of companies entering the Ground Engineering Awards and editor Claire Smith commented:
“This year’s shortlist is a true showcase of the range and breadth of the projects undertaken by our industry each year. The standard of the work demonstrated in this year’s entries is outstanding and getting onto the shortlist is an achievement in itself.”
The winners will be announced on 6 June 2018 at a glamorous ceremony at the Hilton Park Lane, London, where over 800 of the industry elite will join together for an event filled with entertainment, celebration, and networking.
The full list of finalists and more information can be found at awards.geplus.co.uk