About the Role:
Trainee Quantity surveyor plays an integral part in a construction team. They are responsible for helping to estimate costs, quantities, and project timelines and providing this information to clients and the site team. They liaise with a variety of other teams and help to keep a project on track.
The Trainee Quantity surveyor assists the site and project surveyor in the development and implementation of all pre and post-contract strategies, commercial functions, and contract reporting. Take accountability for personal and professional development of self.
As a member of the Quantity Surveying Team, they will be responsible for various functions, including but not limited to the following:
- Ensuring that the company obtains the maximum return in respect of works undertaken whilst maintaining a positive amount of cash held within the company.
- Maintaining relationships with clients, designers, subcontractors, and suppliers by dealing fairly and professionally in financial and contractual matters.
- Safeguarding the contractual position of the Company in respect of such matters as the progress of the works, design responsibility, and our legal obligations to subcontractors regarding payments.
- Provide sound contractual, commercial and financial advice to other departments and to line management, including the preparation of reports regarding financial performance to the executive board.
- Gain Technical understanding and knowledge of the works
- Implement affect cost control for both Internal and Sub-Contract costs
We look for:
- A genuine passion to work in the construction industry
- Good organisation skills
- Motivated to manage and drive own development
- Ability to work well within a team good communication and influencing skills
- Understanding of excellent customer service
- You will need at least a 2:1 in your degree (QS/Commercial Management) and a minimum of grade B in Maths and English GCSE
What’s in it for you?
Our challenging and rewarding 3 year Graduate Trainee Programme is an important step towards becoming Chartered Quantity Surveyor. The scheme combines in-house technical and behavioural training with on-the-job experience.
Our programmes offer successful candidates:
- Full support to achieve professional membership of The Royal Institution of Chartered Surveyors (RICS), on the job experience guided by structured technical training and placements with regular progress reviews.
- Participation in a structured behavioural development programme.
- Competitive package, including excellent flexible benefits scheme.
Applications for this role close at midday on Friday 7th April. This date may be brought forward or extended in line with the number of applications we receive.
Not quite for you? Know someone who would be interested? Why not share with a friend.