About the Role:
The Civil Engineering Graduate is a highly visible member of the engineering team on a site. Alongside the Site Engineer(s) they are the face of the technical function and are directly involved with the works on site. Civil Engineering Graduate will often be in training to become Site Engineers and should seek to gain knowledge and experience.
A Graduate Engineer will be assisting a Site Engineer and will be responsible for, alongside other duties, assisting in the delivery of dimensional information to the site team, working with the Quality Assurance systems, and ensuring that works are progressing safely and in accordance with the safe system of work, and supporting the Site Engineer in their duties.
In all aspects a Civil Engineering Graduate will:
- Implement McGee standards and industry best practices.
- Contribute to the McGee value proposition and strategic goals, Certainty in Delivery, Technical Excellence, and Maintain the value of the McGee reputation.
- Assist the Site Engineer(s).
- Be part of the positive, supportive culture of a team.
We look for:
- A genuine passion to work in the construction industry
- Good organisation skills
- Motivated to manage and drive own development
- Ability to work well within a team good communication and influencing skills
- Understanding of excellent customer service
- You will need at least a 2:1 in your Engineering degree and a minimum of grade B in Maths and English GCSE
What’s in it for you?
Our challenging and rewarding 3 year Graduate Trainee Programme is an important step towards becoming Chartered Civil Engineer. The scheme combines in-house technical and behavioural training with on-the-job experience.
Our programmes offer successful candidates:
- Full support to achieve professional membership of The Institution of Civil Engineers (ICE), on-the-job experience guided by structured technical training and placements with regular progress reviews.
- Participation in a structured behavioural development programme.
- Competitive package, including excellent flexible benefits scheme.
Applications for this role close at midday on Friday 7th April. This date may be brought forward or extended in line with the number of applications we receive.
Not quite for you? Know someone who would be interested? Why not share with a friend.