Who Are We?
- We’re a specialist engineering contractor, with a reputation for designing and delivering some of London’s most complex and innovative engineering projects
- We provide a value-based integrated approach. Focusing on quality and innovation in the delivery of major demolition, piling, civil engineering and bespoke reinforced concrete sub and superstructure solutions.
- Notable schemes include Bankside Yard, HS2, Claridge’s Hotel basement, The Londoner Hotel, and Battersea Power station which have involved JCT, bespoke trade and NEC forms of contract
- We develop smart engineering solutions to complex problems and develop methods of working that enable fast delivery with safety and quality by design.
- We operate a risk-based approach in everything that we do; identifying and mitigating risks through our planning.
- We compliment this with our in-house supply chain, self-delivery philosophy and our support services.
- We’re a London specialist.
As we enter a new chapter with some of the best talent in the industry, we are now looking for a Senior Quantity Surveyor to join our rapidly expanding business.
Main Focus of the Role
As a Senior Surveyor, you will be an integral part of the McGee commercial team, reporting directly to the Group Commercial Director.
Project based, working in partnership with the Project Manager/s, the role provides the full commercial and contract administration authority for either a single larger or more complex project, or multiple projects running concurrently.
Each of our integrated projects is managed by one team with one common goal, so you will be responsible for the commercial and financial management of the full range of self delivered activities, throughout the project lifecycle;
- Maximising profit through managing and challenging the efficiency of the integrated in house delivery model.
- Ensuring contractual and commercial risks and opportunities are identified and managed.
- Developing and managing the financial and commercial relationship with the client’s commercial team, enhancing McGee’s reputation at all stages.
- Able to demonstrate an excellent track record and reputation, performing a similar role, leading highly profitable complex projects in a similar sector.
- Knowledge and experience of administering either JCT/NEC/Bespoke forms of contract.
- The role requires a commercial individual who understands and recognises the benefits of the McGee delivery model. An individual who relishes accountability.
- Able to engage collaboratively with clients/stakeholders and proactively respond to changes in their needs and expectations. Whilst also able to strike a balance between agreeing with others and independent decision making.
- Good interpersonal and communication skills.
- Able to provide commercially focused pragmatic solutions.
- Good people management skills that can get the best out of individuals and teams.
- Structured and organised and can deliver performance and outcomes.
- Ambitious to progress, grow and develop the role within an expanding business.
Degree qualified or equivalent
We are committed to investing in our people, rewarding dedication with support and encouragement and creating exciting opportunities for progression.
If you would like to join a team of exceptional people, working on high-profile complex engineering projects in London, please contact our Head of Recruitment directly at email@example.com for more details on the role and an initial conversation in the strictest confidence.
McGee is a committed Equal Opportunities and Diversity employer.
Not quite for you? Know someone who would be interested? Why not share with a friend.