Who Are We?
- We’re a specialist engineering contractor, with a reputation for designing and delivering some of London’s most complex and innovative civil engineering projects.
- We provide a value-based integrated approach. Focusing on quality and innovation in the delivery of major demolition, piling, civil engineering and bespoke reinforced concrete sub and superstructure solutions.
- Notable schemes include HS2, Claridge’s Hotel basement and Battersea Power station which have involved NEC, bespoke trade and JCT forms of contract.
- We develop smart engineering solutions to complex problems and develop methods of working that enable fast delivery with safety and quality by design.
- We operate a risk-based approach in everything that we do; identifying and mitigating risks through our planning.
- We compliment this with our in-house supply chain, self-delivery philosophy and our support services.
- We’re a London specialist.
As we enter a new chapter with some of the best talent in the industry, we are now looking for a Senior Surveyor to join our rapidly expanding business.
Main Focus of the Role
As a Senior Surveyor, you will be an integral part of the McGee commercial team, reporting to the group’s Commercial Director.
Project based, working in partnership with the Project Leader, the role provides the full commercial and contract administration authority for either a single larger or more complex project, or multiple projects running concurrently. Involved throughout the project lifecycle.
- Maximising profit through managing and challenging the efficiency of the integrated in house delivery model.
- Ensuring contractual and commercial risks and opportunities are identified and managed.
- Developing a collaborative relationship with the client so that both parties meet their objectives, enhancing McGee’s reputation at all stages of the process.
- Working closely with the Project Manager and Planner to ensure the correct administration of the contract and ensuring that all responsibilities are fulfilled.
- Able to demonstrate an excellent track record and reputation, performing a similar role, leading highly profitable projects within the civil engineering sector.
- Knowledge and experience of administering the NEC form of contract is essential.
- The role requires a commercial individual who understands and recognises the benefits of the McGee delivery model. An individual who relishes accountability.
- Able to engage collaboratively with clients/stakeholders and proactively respond to changes in their needs and expectations. Whilst also able to strike a balance between agreeing with others and independent decision making.
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills.
- Personal qualities – resilient, driven, robust, energetic, flexible -strong character able to stand their ground whilst developing strong collaborative relationships.
- Able to provide commercially focused pragmatic solutions.
- Excellent people management skills that can get the best out of individuals and teams.
- Structured and organised and can deliver performance and outcomes.
- Ambitious to progress, grow and develop the role within an expanding business.
Degree qualified or equivalent
- Professional Membership of RICS or equivalent
If you would like to join a team of exceptional people, working on high-profile complex engineering projects in London, please contact our Head of Recruitment directly at firstname.lastname@example.org for more details on the role and an initial conversation in the strictest confidence.
McGee is a committed Equal Opportunities and Diversity employer.
Not quite for you? Know someone who would be interested? Why not share with a friend.