Who Are We?
We’re McGee. A specialist engineering contractor, with over 60 years’ experience in delivering high-profile, complex engineering projects.
- We’re a London specialist
- We develop smart engineering solutions to complex problems and develop methods of working that enable efficient delivery with safety and quality by design
- Notable schemes include Claridge’s Hotel’s mega basement, redevelopment of Battersea Power Station and Admiralty Arch
- We operate a risk-based approach in everything that we do, identifying and mitigating risks through our planning
- We compliment this with our in-house supply chain, self-delivery philosophy and our support services
- We deliver all this with our outstanding people, employee-owners who are truly invested in our success.
As a Senior Engineer, you will be the linchpin between on-site operations, our design and technical functions, and the broader project team. Your role is essential for ensuring the successful execution of projects. Your responsibilities will include but not be limited to:
- Leadership of the Site Engineering team, providing the team with technical guidance for growth while ensuring the high standards expected of McGee engineers are maintained.
- Managing setting out information and control measures.
- Overseeing dimensional control strategy and survey equipment including planning and implementing as-built surveys.
- Quality Management including developing Inspection and Test Plans (ITPs), ensuring compliance with quality standards, and maintaining quality assurance documentation.
- Management of Materials including managing procurement of long lead items, monitoring material usage and waste and conducting material take-offs from drawings.
- Managing the design process including translating temporary works design information for the site team, highlighting design changes, and ensuring the correct design information is accessible.
- Excellent track record in a similar role – or maybe you’re ready for a step up?
- In addition to technical capability, able to demonstrate strong team management and leadership skills.
- Familiarity with various construction methods including industry codes and standards.
- You will be proactive and hands on with an ability to take a strong visible lead, drive performance and outcomes converting technical expertise to action
- Confident and clear communicator, able to engage individuals at all levels.
- Commercially aware and astute – able to make savings through innovation whilst maximising the value of the design.
- Promote initiatives to capture and share best practice and lessons learned
- Question assumptions to drive innovation as well as creative and competitive advantage.
- Thrive in a fast paced environment, able to adapt and deliver against changing priorities, rolling your sleeves up where necessary.
If you would like to join a team of exceptional people, working on high-profile complex engineering projects in London, please contact our Recruitment Manager directly at firstname.lastname@example.org for more details on the role and an initial conversation in the strictest confidence.
McGee is a committed Equal Opportunities and Diversity employer.