Who Are We?
- We are McGee. A specialist engineering contractor, with a reputation for designing and delivering some of London’s most complex and innovative civil engineering projects. To name just a few: Constructing Europe’s deepest habitable basement, The Londoner Hotel. Delivering the impossible at Claridge’s Hotel’s mega basement and more recently, designing out 88% of The Acre’s embodied carbon of the temporary works.
- We provide a value-based integrated approach. Focusing on quality and innovation.
- We develop smart engineering solutions to complex problems and develop methods of working that enable fast delivery with safety and quality by design, using our in-house Construction Engineering team (CET), providing temporary works sequences, solution design and digital modelling.
- We operate a risk-based approach in everything that we do, identifying and mitigating risks through our planning.
- We compliment this with our in-house supply chain, self-delivery philosophy and our support services.
Reporting to the Head of lifting operations, we are seeking a highly motivated and experienced Appointed Person to oversee and manage the safe execution of lifting operations on various construction sites.
- This role will be responsible for creating the lift plans for projects, as well as reviewing and approving other AP’s lift plans.
- Coordinate with project managers and Lift supervisors to ensure safe and efficient execution of all lifting operations.
- Work with the Head of Lifting Operations to provide guidance and support to less experienced AP team members, ensuring they are well-informed and equipped for the tasks at hand.
- Ensure governance and compliance of all lifting processes and procedures across your projects.
- Work with the Head of Lifting Operations to improve the standards and efficiency of lifting operations throughout the company.
- Stay up to date with industry standards and safety regulations to ensure compliance.
You will have proven experience in a similar role, ideally with experience in Demolition, Civils and Groundworks. More importantly you will have experience using a variety of lifting equipment. Including:
- Tower crane
- Mobile crane
- Crawler crane
- Lorry loaders
We are committed to investing in our people, rewarding dedication with support and encouragement, and creating exciting opportunities for progression.
If you would like to join a team of exceptional people, working on high-profile complex engineering projects in London, please contact our Recruitment Manager directly at firstname.lastname@example.org for more details on the role and an initial conversation in the strictest confidence.
McGee is a committed Equal Opportunities and Diversity employer.