Who Are We?
- We’re a specialist engineering contractor, with a reputation for designing and delivering some of London’s most complex and innovative engineering projects
- We provide a value-based integrated approach. Focusing on quality and innovation in the delivery of major demolition, piling, civil engineering and bespoke reinforced concrete sub and superstructure solutions.
- Notable schemes include HS2, Claridge’s Hotel basement and Battersea Power station, Admiralty Arch and the Londoner Hotel.
- We develop smart engineering solutions to complex problems and develop methods of working that enable fast delivery with safety and quality by design.
- We’re a London specialist
A key stage in our work winning process, is listening to our client – making sure the right questions are asked early in the process. This is to ensure that our client’s drivers and priorities are fully understood, so we can drive the development of a winning methodology and strategy in line with our value proposition.
It’s more than just fulfilling a compliant bid, it’s about exciting our client, showing them what’s possible and proposing options and solutions they didn’t know they needed.
You will work closely with the wider Bid team – writing and producing compelling, creative and persuasive bid content that not only responds to our client’s needs but clearly articulates the themes from our win strategy ensuring –
- our responses are bespoke and tailored
- our narrative is consistent and coherent
- we clearly communicate how we differentiate ourselves – how we arrived at our proposed method and why we will deliver value better than anyone else
- we bring complex technical solutions to life – leaving our client in no doubt that we fully understand the brief and are best placed to deliver the scheme.
This is an excellent opportunity to make your mark, leading our proposals, working within a team of exceptional people, playing a significant role in securing high-profile complex engineering projects in London
Key responsibilities include but not limited to:
- Understanding the scope, reviewing and interpreting our client’s requirements and drivers, to ensure these are identified and addressed
- Develop and write high quality copy, ensuring the key themes of our win strategy are reflected throughout the bid
- Ensure there is a consistent style and tone of language
- Ensure the content provided by different sources has “one voice”
- Translate “raw” copy provided by a range of technical and non-technical individuals and experts into well articulated copy.
- Writing the executive summary, ensuring it captures the client and leads them to the relevant “wow” areas of the submission.
- Distilling technical content into simplified and easier to digest creative formats where appropriate
- Provide copy writing advice and guidance to bid team members
- Draft tender sections in non technical areas collaborating with subject matter experts
- Checking and proofreading final copy prior to submission
- Suggesting innovative layout ideas that make us stand out from our competitors – liaising with digital and visualisers where appropriate.
- A confident writer with a high standard of written English – highly literate
- A background in proposals, marketing, communications, bids or a related field
- Strong familiarity with the Adobe Suite – InDesign in particular
- Able to build effective relationships – confident in dealing with people at all levels
- You will have a creative eye and a keen eye for detail
- Ability to read technical documents and distil content to simplified and easier to digest formats
- Resilient under pressure and capable of managing multiple tight deadlines and fluctuating workload whilst retaining exceptional attention to detail and error free delivery.
- Experience in the built environment would be desirable but not essential – what’s more important is that you are collaborative, dynamic, creative and passionate about creating standout proposals
Degree qualified or equivalent
One of our core values is recognising employee contribution. We have some of the brightest minds in the industry and we’re committed to creating opportunities for talented, ambitious people. Our culture rewards dedication with support and encouragement at all levels, in a fully collaborative environment.
McGee is an employee owned business
McGee is a committed Equal Opportunities and Diversity employer
Not quite for you? Know someone who would be interested? Why not share with a friend.