Who Are We?
- We are McGee. A specialist engineering contractor, with a reputation for designing and delivering some of London’s most complex and innovative civil engineering projects. To name just a few: Constructing Europe’s deepest habitable basement, The Londoner Hotel. Delivering the impossible at Claridge’s Hotel’s mega basement and more recently, designing out 88% of The Acre’s embodied carbon of the temporary works.
- We provide a value-based integrated approach. Focusing on quality and innovation.
- We develop smart engineering solutions to complex problems and develop methods of working that enable fast delivery with safety and quality by design.
- We operate a risk-based approach in everything that we do, identifying and mitigating risks through our planning.
- We compliment this with our in-house supply chain, self-delivery philosophy and our support services.
- We have technical and operational specialists within each of our core disciplines, including an in-house Construction Engineering team (CET), providing temporary works sequences and solution design and digital modelling.
- This role forms an integral part of our award-winning in-house Construction Engineering Team (CET), managing and leading a team of Design Engineers and Digital Modellers.
- Leading design conceptualisation – challenging the brief, enabling innovative development of unambiguous, sustainable engineering solutions from feasibility through to detailed design information.
- Developing concepts by leading initial discussions with clients and other stakeholders
- Working with the broader project teams to understand time frames/key risks/technical constraints
- Leading digital strategy and delivery to meet client’s requirements
- Team strategy, aligned with the wider business objectives and supporting the development of procedures and process.
- Managing and monitoring spend in relation to budgets, driving efficiency; leading and developing the design change management approach on projects
- Ensuring lessons learned and best practice are incorporated into tender proposals as opportunities or risks.
- This is far from pure transactional temporary works design – our CET team is involved in whole building analysis, to determine how we can add value to the construction process. This goes hand in hand with managing the challenges of working with existing buildings and the complex logistical constraints working in central London brings.
We’re on the cusp of our next big leap and this is an excellent opportunity for you to make your mark…….
This role not only offers exciting design engineering challenges – it allows the opportunity to directly influence the construction process, through introducing efficient and innovative temporary works and detailed construction sequences, all fully integrated with the desired build programme.
- Excellent track record performing a similar role within a well-respected consultancy or contractors in house design team – or maybe you’re ready for a step up?
- In addition to technical capability, able to demonstrate strong team management and leadership skills.
- Comfortable taking a strong visible lead, driving performance and outcomes converting technical expertise to action – promoting a culture where teams have a strong sense of accountability
- Confident and clear communicator, able to engage individuals at all levels.
- Experienced in managing resources; developing team capability and competence, managing development requirements and team goals in line with the wider business strategy.
- Commercially aware and astute – able to make savings through innovation whilst maximising the value of the design.
- Champion creativity in design engineering.
- Promote initiatives to capture and share best practice and lessons learned
- Question assumptions to drive innovation as well as creative and competitive advantage.
- Actively support the developing requirements of digital deliverables and wider data.
- Thrive in a fast paced environment, able to adapt and deliver against changing priorities, rolling your sleeves up where necessary.
Civil/Structural Engineering Degree
Professional body membership (Chartered or above)
If you would like to join a team of exceptional people, working on high-profile complex engineering projects in London, please contact our Recruitment Manager directly at firstname.lastname@example.org for more details on the role and an initial conversation in the strictest confidence.
McGee is a committed Equal Opportunities and Diversity employer.