Who Are We?
- We’re a specialist engineering contractor, with a reputation for designing and delivering some of London’s most complex and innovative engineering projects
- We provide a value-based integrated approach. Focusing on quality and innovation in the delivery of major demolition, piling, civil engineering and bespoke reinforced concrete sub and superstructure solutions.
- Notable schemes include HS2, Claridge’s Hotel basement and Battersea Power station which have involved NEC, bespoke trade and JCT forms of contract
- We develop smart engineering solutions to complex problems and develop methods of working that enable fast delivery with safety and quality by design.
- We’re a London specialist
Main Focus of the Role
This role will develop, lead and execute the strategy for IT across the business – managing all IT operations using both outsourced IT service suppliers and in-house teams as appropriate, ensuring continuity of service, cost effectiveness and service performance.
However, it’s a lot more than just managing our existing systems and IT infrastructure. Most importantly, it’s about understanding our specific business needs and improving, innovating and demonstrating what’s possible – creating a platform for digitising and integrating our processes, proposing efficiencies, options and solutions that will be critical to the continued evolution of the business.
We’re on the cusp of our next big leap and this is an excellent opportunity for you to make your mark, developing, leading and delivering our group IT strategy, playing a significant role in enabling the scaling of the business, empowering and enabling our teams via IT process and systems.
Key Responsibilities will include but are not limited to
- Define, manage and deliver the strategic IT vision, ensuring it’s aligned with business needs and overall business strategy and tactical plan
- Drive the business towards paperless forms and templates to support its operations, leading to automated data capture and facilitating real-time information-led decision making, aligned to management processes.
- Engage and collaborate with internal and external stakeholders to ensure business objectives are fully understood and delivered.
- Regularly monitor and review progress of the strategy, communicating updating and evolving as required with the necessary stakeholder support
- Lead all relevant planning and budgeting and be accountable for delivery, monitoring efficiency to ensure a good return.
- Create commercially astute, stable outsource partnerships with IT suppliers and partners and hold them accountable for delivery
- Working with other departments on software selection and implementation
- Develop the IT strategy into a roadmap of budgeted and planned projects and initiatives
- Oversee IT technology plan aligned to group tactical plan
- Manage group technology projects and share ownership of delivery of business outcomes driven by these projects
- Ensure the provision of high quality IT support via a combination of internal teams and outsourced service provider.
- Review business systems regularly to ensure they are fit for purpose and able to deliver business objectives
- Ensure processes and business systems are integrated and integrable
- Ensure appropriate disaster recovery and business continuity plans are in place and regularly tested
- Ensure compliance with all relevant legal and regulatory frameworks
- Support the business in bids and tenders where necessary
- Ensure all staff are well trained in IT and related skills, and maximise the benefits of technology available to them
- Foster and drive innovation throughout the business
- Lead, inspire and develop the IT team
- At least 10 years’ experience in IT roles
- 5+ years in management and leadership
- Procurement, negotiation and partnerships
- Planning and organisation
- Project and programme management
- Software architecture, design and development, methodologies and systems operations
- Business systems, process and organisation design
- Cloud (O365), BigData, Data Warehousing, and Systems Integration
- Networks, PC, tablets, storage, messaging, fixed and mobile telephony
- Cyber Security, User Authentication and Administration, Data and Systems Protection
- Development of sharepoint based data collection and management tools with real-time outputs
- Have a passion for technology and keep up to date with existing and emerging technologies and how they can be applied to achieve business value and operational efficiency
- Thrive in a fast paced environment and are able to adapt and deliver against changing priorities
- Put the user and business first
- Proactive and business-driven
- Excellent personal communication skills – ability to distil highly technical information into simplified and easier to digest formats/language
- Excellent people management and leadership skills, inspirational leader that can get the best out of individuals and teams. Structured and can deliver performance and outcomes and drive professionalism in others
- Ambitious about positive and strategically aligned change. Move quickly to deliver positive outcomes and continue to progress, grow and develop the role within an expanding business.
- Experience in the construction or construction related sector is desirable but not essential
- A listener and analytical thinker
One of our core values is recognising employee contribution. We have some of the brightest minds in the industry and we’re committed to creating opportunities for talented, ambitious people. Our culture rewards dedication with support and encouragement at all levels, in a fully collaborative environment.
If you would like to join a team of exceptional people, working on high-profile complex engineering projects in London, please contact our Head of Recruitment directly at firstname.lastname@example.org for more details on the role and an initial conversation in the strictest confidence.
McGee is a committed Equal Opportunities and Diversity employer.
Not quite for you? Know someone who would be interested? Why not share with a friend.