Who Are We?
- We’re a specialist engineering contractor, with a reputation for designing and delivering some of London’s most complex and innovative civil engineering projects
- We provide a value-based integrated approach. Focusing on quality and innovation in the delivery of major demolition, piling, civil engineering and bespoke reinforced concrete sub and superstructure solutions.
- Notable schemes include HS2, Claridge’s Hotel basement and Battersea Power station which have involved NEC, bespoke trade and JCT forms of contract
- We develop smart engineering solutions to complex problems and develop methods of working that enable fast delivery with safety and quality by design.
- We operate a risk-based approach in everything that we do; identifying and mitigating risks through our planning.
- We compliment this with our in-house supply chain, self-delivery philosophy and our support services.
- We’re a London specialist
An opening has arisen for a Graduate Environmental Assistant to join our Environment team covering multi-disciplined sites across London. The role will involve working with the established team on day to day project activities, which primarily involve the management of project environmental requirements. This is an excellent opportunity to join a growing and dynamic team, to further develop a variety of skills and build a successful career within the environmental sector. Training, support and mentoring will be provided.
Key work areas will initially include:
Phase 1 desk-based assessments:
- Undertaking desk-based research
- Carrying out site inspections
- preparing and delivering reports
Phase 2 site investigations:
- The design and supervision of site investigations, initially in a supporting role as you develop your experience
- On-site monitoring of air, noise, vibration and groundwater
- Sampling of soil, gases, groundwater and surface water
- Scheduling laboratory analysis
- Data input, management and interpretation
- Undertaking risk assessments
- Interpretative report writing, preparation of figures and other graphical data
- Assisting in group and site based audits
The successful candidate will be expected to assist with other aspects of the environment team’s work within the Head Office in Southwark and McGee Group’s on an as required basis. This could include opportunities to be involved in:
- Environment due diligence and compliance assessments
- Environmental impact assessments
- Hazardous waste surveys
- Environmental Permit applications
- Local Authority applications.
Therefore, a flexible approach to cross-discipline working is a key requirement.
- Appropriate degree in geology, environmental, engineering, chemistry or other related discipline
- Masters Degree in a related geological or environmental discipline (desirable but not essential)
- Experience with IT packages including Microsoft Word, Excel and Outlook
- An eye for detail, being able to accurately measure, record and input data
- Well organised, with the ability/initiative prioritise and organise work activities
- Numerically competent
- Excellent communication skills, both oral and written
- Competent and efficient report writing skill
- Self-confident and able to build positive working relationships with colleagues and clients.
- Basic understanding of the approach to contaminated land assessment and remediation in the UK
- Basic understanding of ground investigation techniques
- Basic understanding of contaminated land risk assessment tools
One of our core values is recognising employee contribution. We have some of the brightest minds in the industry and we’re committed creating opportunities for talented ambitious people. Our culture rewards dedication with support and encouragement at all levels, in a fully collaborative environment.
If you would like to join a team of exceptional people, working on high-profile complex engineering projects in London, please contact our Head of Recruitment directly at firstname.lastname@example.org for more details on the role and an initial conversation in the strictest confidence.
McGee is a committed Equal Opportunities and Diversity employer
Not quite for you? Know someone who would be interested? Why not share with a friend.