We’re currently looking to strengthen our Estimating team and as well as experienced estimators, we’re also keen to talk to those from a commercial, engineering or similar background that are interested in a new opportunity and career progression.
This is an important and key role in our business, managing the commercial aspects of a tender from initial contact through to the final bid submission working in collaboration with the preconstruction team.
This is the opportunity to be part of the team that influences and develops winning strategies for tenders, identifying risk and opportunity, engaging with all disciplines/functions in the business and preconstruction team.
Main Focus of the Role
Working in collaboration with the wider preconstruction team, you will be responsible for the pricing of various tenders through all stages to the final bid submission. Tenders range in value from £1million – £60million.
About You – if you are currently an Estimator/Senior Estimator
- Able to demonstrate an excellent track record and reputation, performing a similar role, leading the pricing of highly complex civil engineering, groundworks, basements and structures packages– (experience in demolition is desirable but not essential)
- Experience through the full life cycle of an estimate, to submission, post tender procedure, award and handover to the delivery team.
- Experience working from first principles
- Proficient in computer software programs used in estimating (Conquest is used).
About You – if you have a minimum of 5 years experience working within a commercial, engineering or similar role and believe you have some of the transferrable skills required for this role and are interested in learning more…
- Are you analytical? Can you understand the sequence of a project, learning from past projects and apply those lessons to future projects?
- Do you have good communication skills? Project success is often hidden in the details and uncovering these details requires collaborating with all project stakeholders. Are you able to articulate and extract the most important information under pressure?
- Do you have on site experience? This can give an estimator a tangible understanding of how a project is put together, the time and labour required and valuable insight into areas which can cause issues.
- Are you a multi-tasker? You will often be working on more than one project at a time. It is important for you to have the ability to balance several tasks at once, while maintaining accuracy.
- Do you enjoy working in a team?
Who Are We?
- We’re a specialist engineering contractor, with a reputation for designing and delivering some of London’s most complex and innovative engineering projects
- We provide a value-based integrated approach. Focusing on quality and innovation in the delivery of major demolition, piling, civil engineering and bespoke reinforced concrete sub and superstructure solutions.
- Notable schemes include Bankside Yard, HS2, Claridge’s Hotel basement, The Londoner Hotel and Battersea Power station which have involved NEC, bespoke trade and JCT forms of contract
- We develop smart engineering solutions to complex problems and develop methods of working that enable fast delivery with safety and quality by design.
- We operate a risk-based approach in everything that we do; identifying and mitigating risks through our planning.
- We compliment this with our in-house supply chain, self-delivery philosophy and our support services.
- We’re a London specialist.
One of our core values is recognising employee contribution. We have some of the brightest minds in the industry and we’re committed to creating opportunities for talented, ambitious people. Our culture rewards dedication with support and encouragement at all levels, in a fully collaborative environment.
If you would like to join a team of exceptional people, working on high-profile complex engineering projects in London, please contact our Head of Recruitment directly at email@example.com for more details on the role and an initial conversation in the strictest confidence.
McGee is a committed Equal Opportunities and Diversity employer.
Not quite for you? Know someone who would be interested? Why not share with a friend.