Who Are We?
- We’re a specialist engineering contractor, with a reputation for designing and delivering some of London’s most complex and innovative engineering projects
- We provide a value-based integrated approach. Focusing on quality and innovation in the delivery of major demolition, piling, civil engineering and bespoke reinforced concrete sub and superstructure solutions.
- Notable schemes include Bankside Yard, HS2, Claridge’s Hotel basement, The Londoner Hotel and Battersea Power station which have involved NEC, bespoke trade and JCT forms of contract
- We develop smart engineering solutions to complex problems and develop methods of working that enable fast delivery with safety and quality by design.
- We operate a risk-based approach in everything that we do; identifying and mitigating risks through our planning.
- We compliment this with our in-house supply chain, self-delivery philosophy and our support services.
- We’re a central London specialist.
As we enter a new chapter with some of the best talent in the industry, we are looking for an experienced Estimator or Senior Estimator to join our rapidly expanding business.
Main Focus of the Role
Working in collaboration with the wider preconstruction team, you will be responsible for the pricing of various tenders through all stages to the final bid submission. Tenders range in value from £1million – £60million.
- Able to demonstrate an excellent track record and reputation, performing a similar role, pricing either demolition or complex groundworks, basements and structures packages.
- Experience through the full life cycle of an estimate, to submission, post tender procedure, award and handover to the delivery team.
- Experience working from first principles
- Ability to influence and develop winning strategies for tenders, identifying risk and opportunity, engaging with all disciplines/functions in the preconstruction work winning team.
- Good interpersonal and communication skills
- Able to provide commercially focused pragmatic solutions
- Structured and organised and can deliver performance and outcomes
- Proficient in computer software programs used in estimating (Conquest is used).
One of our core values is recognising employee contribution. We have some of the brightest minds in the industry and we’re committed to creating opportunities for talented, ambitious people. Our culture rewards dedication with support and encouragement at all levels, in a fully collaborative environment.
If you would like to join a team of exceptional people, working on high-profile complex engineering projects in London, please contact our Head of Recruitment directly at email@example.com for more details on the role and an initial conversation in the strictest confidence.
McGee is a committed Equal Opportunities and Diversity employer.
Not quite for you? Know someone who would be interested? Why not share with a friend.