Who Are We?
- We’re a specialist engineering contractor, with a reputation for designing and delivering some of London’s most complex and innovative engineering projects
- We provide a value-based integrated approach. Focusing on quality and innovation in the delivery of major demolition, piling, civil engineering and bespoke reinforced concrete sub and superstructure solutions.
- Notable schemes include Bankside Yard, HS2, Claridge’s Hotel basement, The Londoner Hotel and Battersea Power station which have involved NEC, bespoke trade and JCT forms of contract
- We develop smart engineering solutions to complex problems and develop methods of working that enable fast delivery with safety and quality by design.
- We operate a risk-based approach in everything that we do; identifying and mitigating risks through our planning.
- We complement this with our in-house supply chain, self-delivery philosophy and our support services.
- We’re a London specialist.
As we enter a new chapter with some of the best talent in the industry, we are now looking for an experienced Environmental Advisor to join our rapidly expanding business.
Working as part of our award-winning Environmental and wider group Corporate Responsibility and Sustainability team, this is an exciting opportunity to have a significant influence on the delivery of continual improvement in our environmental performance.
Main Focus of the Role
As an Environmental Advisor you will be responsible for ensuring projects comply with the environmental regulations and targets set out at the beginning of the project. This will include addressing issues such as Air Quality, Land/Water contamination, Waste Management and the overall environmental impact of the construction process. Managing regulations and targets that apply to the internal and external environment.
- BREEAM/LEED requirements
- Engaging with all relevant stakeholders on multiple projects for all environmental and sustainability requirements to ensure compliance with contractual obligations are met, promoting best practice.
- Discharging planning obligations and other local authority statutory requirements
- Preparation of all site based documents in line with company policies and procedures and other 3rd party documents
- Carry out regular inspections of sites and work places to determine whether work is being carried out in accordance with Company Policy, procedures and relevant statutory provisions
- Carry out NCR investigations in accordance with the company procedure, analysing all data, making appropriate recommendations
- Collate business/contract environmental statistics in a timely manner and submit for reporting purposes.
- Ensure all personnel are aware of their statutory duties and responsibilities and to provide advice as and when required
- Working with the wider Corporate and Social Responsibility team, engaging with the wider community.
- Minimum of 4 years’ experience in a similar role in construction. Experience of demolition, complex civil engineering, groundworks, basements and structures packages would be beneficial but not essential.
- Working knowledge of BREEAM
- Working knowledge of ISO14001:2015
- Working knowledge of the application of environmental law in the construction industry
- Working knowledge of Noise, Vibration and Dust Management mitigation measures and monitoring.
- Ability to establish and maintain good relationships with clients and colleagues
- Good communication skills – both verbal and written
- Ability to assert Policies and Procedures in challenging environments
- Good presentation and report writing skills
- An eagerness to challenge the status quo
Appropriate Degree or equivalent in a related discipline
IEMA Associate or above
We are committed to investing in our people, rewarding dedication with support and encouragement and creating exciting opportunities for progression.
If you would like to join a team of exceptional people, working on high-profile complex engineering projects in London, please contact our Head of Recruitment directly at firstname.lastname@example.org for more details on the role and an initial conversation in the strictest confidence.
McGee is a committed Equal Opportunities and Diversity employer.
Not quite for you? Know someone who would be interested? Why not share with a friend.