Who Are We?
- We are McGee. A specialist engineering contractor, with a reputation for designing and delivering some of London’s most complex and innovative civil engineering projects. To name just a few: Constructing Europe’s deepest habitable basement, The Londoner Hotel. Delivering the impossible at Claridge’s Hotel’s mega basement and more recently, designing out 88% of The Acre’s embodied carbon of the temporary works.
- We provide a value-based integrated approach. Focusing on quality and innovation.
- We develop smart engineering solutions to complex problems and develop methods of working that enable fast delivery with safety and quality by design.
- We operate a risk-based approach in everything that we do, identifying and mitigating risks through our planning.
- We compliment this with our in-house supply chain, self-delivery philosophy and our support services.
- We have technical and operational specialists within each of our core disciplines, including an in-house Construction Engineering team (CET), providing temporary works sequences and solution design and digital modelling.
Are you a dynamic and skilled Senior Revit Technician and/or Digital Engineer looking for an exciting opportunity to join an award-winning in-house Construction Engineering team as a Digital Engineer? This role is an opportunity to contribute to ground-breaking projects while fostering a culture of innovation and continuous improvement.
- Creating detailed 3D models of temporary structures and enabling works using Revit.
- Setting up models in line with our company and ISO standards.
- Ensuring seamless coordination of design and task team models, collaborating closely with site and Construction Engineering team engineers for fully coordinated solutions.
- Producing drawings and models for site teams to use in procurement and construction.
- Generating models to identify clashes or conflicts.
- Developing models for animations, bid proposals, cost analysis, and planning (4D+5D).
- Actively participating in design coordination meetings, documenting changes and potential issues.
- Creating models to provide data on carbon emissions, helping project stakeholders make carbon-related decisions.
- Creating and maintaining 3D models of the as-built project for handover and tracking newly installed underground services.
- Providing weekly 3D model updates and summary reports to clients and other contractors, highlighting significant changes.
- Experience creating and analysing 3D models using Revit.
- Experience in using AutoCAD.
- Understanding of temporary construction structures.
- Familiarity with on-site construction processes (willing to learn if not).
- Effective communication and problem-solving skills to address Requests for Information (RFIs) and collaborate with stakeholders.
- Familiarity with family creation (willing to learn if not).
If you feel like you don’t have all of the requirements listed, but you are eager to grow and develop your technical skills, we are still keen to hear from you.
We’re on the cusp of our next big leap and this is an excellent opportunity for you to make your mark…….
This role not only offers exciting design engineering challenges – it allows the opportunity to directly influence the construction process.
If you would like to join a team of exceptional people, working on high-profile complex engineering projects in London, please contact our Recruitment Manager directly at firstname.lastname@example.org for more details on the role and an initial conversation in the strictest confidence.
McGee is a committed Equal Opportunities and Diversity employer.