Who Are We?
- We are McGee. We’re a specialist engineering contractor, with a reputation for designing and delivering some of London’s most complex and innovative civil engineering projects, including; The Londoner Hotel, Claridge’s Hotel basement, HS2 and Battersea Power Station.
- We provide a value-based integrated approach. Focusing on quality and innovation in the delivery of major demolition, piling, civil engineering and bespoke reinforced concrete sub and superstructure solutions.
- We develop smart engineering solutions to complex problems and develop methods of working that enable fast delivery with safety and quality by design.
- We operate a risk-based approach in everything that we do; identifying and mitigating risks through our planning.
- We compliment this with our in-house supply chain, self-delivery philosophy and our support services.
- We have technical and operational specialists within each of our core disciplines as well as an in-house construction engineering team providing professional support in temporary works design, design management, digital modelling & technical compliance.
- We’re a London specialist
- We deliver all this with our outstanding people, employees who are invested in our success.
About the role:
Working within our in house construction engineering team, this role will involve:
- Challenging the brief, enabling innovative development of unambiguous engineering solutions from feasibility through to detailed design
- Undertaking detailed analysis of retaining, bearing & frame structures
- Producing structural details in a variety of construction materials
- Identifying risks associated with your designs
- Working with the broader project team to understand time frames/key risks/technical constraints
Typical Work we’re involved with
Demolition temporary works
Floor slab assessments for machines
Crane base analysis & designs
Global temporary stability assessments for existing buildings + associated temporary works designs
Deep basement temporary works
Retaining wall analysis
Temporary propping analysis and design
Logistics slabs and plunge pile analysis and design
Steel gantry and design
Façade retentions schemes
Party wall assessment and temporary works
Typical Software we use
- Tekla Structural Design
- IDEA Statica
Your skills and experience:
- Excellent track record of performing a similar role within a well respected consultancy or contractors in house design team.
- Proficient planning skills (design programming/IRS)
- Experience with the practical aspects of operational limitations of structures
- Familiar with current CDM regulations & design codes
- Confident and clear communicator, able to engage individuals at all levels
- Civil/Structural engineering degree
- Professional body membership
We’d love you to have, but it’s not essential:
- Detailed soil interaction analysis experience (Plaxis)
- Graitec Advanced Design software experience
- Scaffold design experience
- Site based experience
If you would like to join a team of exceptional people, working on high-profile complex engineering projects in London, please contact our Head of Recruitment directly at firstname.lastname@example.org for more details on the role and an initial conversation in the strictest confidence.
McGee is a committed Equal Opportunities and Diversity employer.
Not quite for you? Know someone who would be interested? Why not share with a friend.