Who Are We?
- We’re a specialist engineering contractor, with a reputation for designing and delivering some of London’s most complex and innovative civil engineering projects
- We provide a value-based integrated approach. Focusing on quality and innovation in the delivery of major demolition, piling, civil engineering and bespoke reinforced concrete sub and superstructure solutions.
- Notable schemes include HS2, Claridge’s Hotel basement and Battersea Power station
- We develop smart engineering solutions to complex problems and develop methods of working that enable fast delivery with safety and quality by design.
- We operate a risk-based approach in everything that we do; identifying and mitigating risks through our planning.
- We’re a London specialist
Main Focus of the Role
A fantastic opportunity for an experienced CAD Technician to join the team, assisting in the delivery of high profile and complex engineering projects. Responsible for the production of technical information, including 2D,3D and 4D and also for the coordination of model information on live projects.
- Develop, update and maintain the CAD templates (AutoCAD and Revit).
- Develop families using Revit and blocks in AutoCAD and maintain healthy library of frequently used items.
- Develop 3D, data rich models using Revit and expert knowledge of parameters and Revit’s phasing tool.
- Develop detailed construction and fabrication 2D drawings using AutoCAD
- Create swept paths using vehicle tracking in AutoCAD (Live and Tender)
- Coordinate and federate 3D information received at Tender stage, undertake clash detection exercises, and produce model audit reports
- Support the development and maintenance of BIM related documentation from tender to completion
- HNC/HND (minimum) in a construction management, architecture, engineering or other construction related field.
- AutoCAD (including Vehicle tracking)
- BIM Collab or other collaboration platform
- Bentley: OpenBuildings and MicroStation (desirable)
- Good knowledge and understanding of UK and International BIM Standards (PAS and ISO standards)
- Experience in quality checking CAD information (2D, 3D)
- Ability to understand and communicate BIM and CAD standards for use on projects and possessing an appropriate overall level of knowledge of the UK Construction processes, procedures, rules and regulations.
- Ability to establish and maintain good relationships with clients and colleagues
- Good communication skills – both written and verbal
- Excellent presentation skills
One of our core values is recognising employee contribution. We have some of the brightest minds in the industry and we’re committed to creating opportunities for talented, ambitious people. Our culture rewards dedication with support and encouragement at all levels, in a fully collaborative environment.
If you would like to join a team of exceptional people, working on high-profile complex engineering projects in London, please contact our Head of Recruitment directly at firstname.lastname@example.org for more details on the role and an initial conversation in the strictest confidence.
McGee is a committed Equal Opportunities and Diversity employer
Not quite for you? Know someone who would be interested? Why not share with a friend.