Who Are We?
- We’re a specialist engineering contractor, with a reputation for designing and delivering some of London’s most complex and innovative engineering projects
- We provide a value-based integrated approach. Focusing on quality and innovation in the delivery of major demolition, piling, civil engineering and bespoke reinforced concrete sub and superstructure solutions.
- Notable schemes include HS2, Claridge’s Hotel basement and Battersea Power station which have involved NEC, bespoke trade and JCT forms of contract
- We develop smart engineering solutions to complex problems and develop methods of working that enable fast delivery with safety and quality by design.
- We operate a risk-based approach in everything that we do; identifying and mitigating risks through our planning.
- We compliment this with our in-house supply chain, self-delivery philosophy and our support services.
- We’re a London specialist
As we enter a new chapter with some of the best talent in the industry, we are now looking for an experienced Bid Writer to join our rapidly expanding business.
Main Focus of the Role
Working within the Preconstruction team, you will work closely with the bid team to write concise, compelling and persuasive bid content that not only responds to our client’s needs but clearly articulates the themes from our agreed “win strategy”. The successful candidate must be highly literate with excellent attention to detail and must be able to work under the pressure associated with deadlines. This is an excellent opportunity to work within a team of exceptional people, playing a significant role in securing high-profile complex engineering projects in London
Key responsibilities include but not limited to:
- Taking technical information from the bid team and rewriting/editing where necessary to ensure that the key themes of the win strategy are reflected throughout the bid
- Ensure language is clear, compelling and consistent
- Ensure there is a consistent style and tone of language throughout that directly supports the submission
- Ensure the content provided by different sources has “one voice”
- Turn “raw” information provided by a range of technical individuals and experts into well articulated copy.
- Draft tender sections to support bid leads in non technical areas for eg. Executive Summaries
- Provide copy writing advice and guidance to bid team members
- Develop excellent relationships with the bid team to enable you to effectively source and extract information when you need it
- Champion best practice
- A confident writer with a high standard of written English – highly literate
- Able to build effective relationships – confident in dealing with people at all levels
- Keen eye for detail
- Ability to read technical documents and distil the content to simplified and easier to digest formats
- Resilient under pressure and capable of managing multiple tight deadlines and fluctuating workload whilst retaining exceptional attention to detail and error free delivery.
- Ideally, you will have previous experience working for a construction company in a similar role but this is not essential
- Degree qualified in a relevant discipline such as Journalism or similar
One of our core values is recognising employee contribution. We have some of the brightest minds in the industry and we’re committed to creating opportunities for talented, ambitious people. Our culture rewards dedication with support and encouragement at all levels, in a fully collaborative environment.
If you would like to join a team of exceptional people, working on high-profile complex engineering projects in London, please contact our Head of Recruitment directly at email@example.com for more details on the role and an initial conversation in the strictest confidence.
McGee is a committed Equal Opportunities and Diversity employer
Not quite for you? Know someone who would be interested? Why not share with a friend.